Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Sillunu Oru Kadhal"

This is a really nicely made Tamil movie which released around 2 yrs ago. The first time I came across this movie is when I saw the song "Munbe va yen anbe va..." on tv and I just got glued to the screen without knowing! The song is so well made. Then I suddenly had this urge to watch this movie with yet another point that it stars Surya and Jyothika, music by AR Rahman. But unfortunately all my Tamil friends had watched it and it had already become an old movie for them. Slowly I jus forgot abt the movie...
After 2 yrs, comes in Saras! Few weeks ago she had come to Pittsburgh for a vacation and we planned to watch a Tamil movie and I asked her to suggest any random, good movie. I was just more than surprised n excited when we were watching the movie then... coz it was the one with the song "Munbe va..!" :-) :-)
I always had fascination towards Tamil. Majority of my crushes were Tamilians. My first crush was a Tamilian and so was my last one. My favorite actor is Vikram, who is also a Tamilian. I'm also going to exaggerate this by also saying that all Tamilians look handsome - esp if they have dark skin!
Whenever I hear Tamil being spoken by someone, I just lend both my ears to the language and I simply love it! This language has some cool factor to it. Also, all Tamilians have one thing widely in common - they speak pure Tamil. They don't let any other words enter into their speech, be it numbers, days of week, relations, food... I haven't seen any other language being spoken with so much seriousness.
Its sad that I can't speak Tamil... forget speaking, I don't even understand it. May be now since I have all the time in the world, I shud search online for some learning. Sounds great machi! :D
Here is the video of the melodious song, its like a fantasy love story for the fascination that I have towards Tamil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ltsYpPJv0

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment