It's been really an experience going through all the changes that happened suddenly in my life. The major change other than marriage is living far away from my mom and bro. All my life I've always spent with mom or bro on my side, to see them after I go back home.. except for the evil one year that kept me away from them in Mysore. The one year was tough for me even though I had long calls daily and also frequent visits. But now... there is nothing like a frequent visit :(
This probably by now, considering how much I am attached to them, should have had its toll on me. But surprisingly - it doesn't. It still feels fine. I still feel I can go on for long. It might be coz of the new never-ending love that I have in my life... but as they say - nothing can replace a relationship and the attachment - not even another relationship.
I am starting to feel and believe that I still feel strong coz of the dreams that I have in my sleep. I dream a lot... not just in my sleep but also during the day! Each and every single dream that I have in my sleep is always revolving around my mom, my bro and my gang of six friends. The dreams I have are sometimes so strong that they influence me during the day... and it has happened more than once that I address the guy next to me as "annayya" - and he gives me one on the head (Partha) :D Also, all through out the day whatever I do, I hear my mom's voice in the background - asking me to do this and that and telling me what's right and wrong. I sometimes even feel she is inside me and I'm working like her.
It is may be because of this strong bond that I have developed since all these years with mom and bro that now, because of the support that I have, I feel distance is not an issue any longer. I'm pretty positive about this so far and it's already been a good enuf time. Well, but of course I surely dont' say that I don't miss them... I even go crazy sometimes! But soon I also do realize I have to get used to living like this and that - there is nothing wrong in it. I still do have long conversations on phone with mom - averaging an hour daily! I'm also on my way to cut it short, as I have realized that the more I talk the more I am coming up with problems and complaints and assumptions about things that are and things that are not. It can unknowingly happen because moms give us these patient ears and a supporting voice - esp when her daughter is far away and is experiencing a new way of life. So u just can go on with ur "this is what is happening, this is how I feel, is this not how it should be...?" stuff and moms will always give a reproductive response so that u can go on talking and she will make u feel there is always someone who will listen!
So, living with mom and bro in my mind, I'm still strong and I am starting to believe "paroksha prema" has an upper hand over "pratyaksha prema," distance does make a relationship grow, when in love.
Thanks for reading.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment