My friend Krithi, has written a sequel to my post "Possibilities." http://kaththiri.blogspot.com/2009/06/sequel-to-post-of-my-friend-named.html Here is my reply to it!
(I only hope Krithi is not pissed at my reply coming after so lonnnng!)
This is indeed a great post and I loved reading and thinking about it.
Firstly, I jus wanted to point out that the "dream" of going on bike (in my previous post) with my sweetheart is more like a fantasy and thus even if it'll come true or not, it doesn't matter. I jus gave a random example. I guess its wrong to call it a "dream." And as she pointed out rightly, "Is this a vital thing to be given importance?" True that it doesn't matter, I guess I was only pointing out that the possibility is no longer there. There's nothing good or bad in it ;-)
Talking about dependency on our husbands, "As my friend has correctly mentioned I felt dependency is frustrating for me even."
My thoughts about this is that - yes it is true we are dependent on people always in some way or the other. But somehow it's engraved into our minds or rather, it's never unusual for us to ask parents/siblings for any help for money or in making decisions. It in fact might be natural to be dependent on them. But since coming here and we being dependent on our husbands is very unusual for us and coz we don't know much abt their lives, we feel this dependence as something new and like as if we never had it in our lives so far!
The contradicting thought that'll come into our minds while asking our husbands for anything is that, we feel husbands ought to know what we want! and if they question, we feel they don't understand us, when they "actually" shud be the most understanding ppl for us.
So with all this, dependency on them becomes even more awkward.
So indeed, Krithika is very right to say "it's our attitude problem." We feel we are equally on par with our husbands. But when it comes to elders, we don't mind their questions and our dependency on them.
Actually our husbands might even feel we have more responsibility in making our relationship more harmonious... I mean, without the feelings of "dependency" existing. This is because we have a LOT more time than they do. When we think that we have lost all our independence after coming here, at the same time - for the same reason, they are actually thinking that we have become free birds! So you see the conflict of attitudes?
She has done such a nice picture portrayal and situation sketch!
For example, the dependence for going out... was never there! It was always in our minds. This is definitely something even I faced. But it was a lil' frurstrating wait as in this city there is absolutely nothing which is "walking distance." In fact, you'll never find a pedestrian here. So it took me time to start driving, get a license and finally become a free bird :-) Now I go out on my own, in my car and with music full ON! I love it and my husband is the first person to feel happy about it! He now in fact wants me to do all grocery shopping and whatever it is all on my own! For this I know the main reason is so that he can relax at home after a hard day's work instead of again going out to malls... hahahaha! Well, I'm kidding but ya the point is, he does love it when I am on my own!
Jus like how Krithika says she could do self analysis while writing and does not think before writing - its quite true for me too! It always makes me feel lighter when I write or talk!
Thanks for reading.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That was a nice treat to me. Crisp and perfect points. "Conflicts on attitude" is true. I am told first year of marriage is indeed a brain stroming one..I aint sure if its gonna be just a year or many more...
ReplyDeleteYa I guess the first year surely is brain-storming, maybe the rest of the years too are, but difference might be we'll get used to it all!!! :D ;)
ReplyDeleteHello ... I know am late in here .... yet can't resist to reflect back though! Just as I read and especially the all three viewpoints
ReplyDelete- unveiled with your initial musings over the TEMPORAL loss of an assumed future
- through your intelligent friend's clever CAMOUFLAGE that should otherwise have sounded more like - prescribing a three- or five day course of medicine to a terminal illness patient
- and not to make no secret of my instinctive call to grab your EVOLVED reaction which but quite LOGICALLY culminated into your UNCANNY submission to universally approved rulebook (or MOB JUSTICE in the crudest sense)
- till the priestly hymns of the commentators that SOLEMNIZED the whole ritual of pondering over the newest ADDITION TO one's life journies
Upon realizing how the human thoughts have interleaved to only one's present in spite of HAVING BEEN EVER MANIFEST all through one's past, present and future;
Now that I owed ANY ONE OF YOU my justification and therefore promise to come back here with a different perspective - if it would be worth YOUR attention at all.
Though i ain't sure it would for IT NEVER HAD BEEN SO!
Yet if you were REAL HUNGRY TO LISTEN, I AM STILL THERE JUST AS EVER BEFORE!
So now it's for the ONE OF YOU that will make the call for I know that it's only one of those possibilities happening that WILL HELP MY ROLLING WORDS TO GATHER TRUE MASS